Based on public votes, the best joke in the world was chosen to be the one presented by a psychiatrist from Manchaster, Grupal Gossal. The joke goes like this:
Two hunters, somewhere in the woods - at one point one of them drops on the ground, breathless and with his eyes closed. The other one pulls his cell phone and calls the ambulance.
- My friend died. What should I do? He screams into the phone.
The calm voice at the other end replyes:
- Please calm down. I will help you. First of all, please make sure that he is indeed dead.
A moment of complete silence, and then a laud “bang!”.
- OK, he is dead now! What next?
Other than the general top, the researchers made a top by each country. The Americans found this joke to be the best:
Two friends on the golf course. One of them was getting ready to swing, when he sees nearby a group of people attending a funeral. The guy stops in the middle of the swing, pulls off his hat, closes his eyes and lowers his head.
His friend saids:
- Oh, this is the most touching thing I have ever witnessed. You are a truly wonderful man.
The other guy answers:
- Well, we have been married for over 35 years.
The joke preferred by Scots is also related to death:
I want to die peacefully as my grandfather, not screaming terrified as his passengers.
Canadians voted as best joke the following:
When NASA started to send astronauts in the space, they discovered that the regular pens don’t work in space because there’s no gravity. To address this problem, the government spent 12 million dollars and the scientists worked round the clock for 10 years to make a pen that would work in space, where is no gravity, holding it upside down, under water, on any surface - including glass - at any temperature - from freezing all the way to 300 degree C. The Russians used a pencil.
The well known English humor was also well represented. This is the winning joke:
A woman with a child in her arms gets in a bus.
The driver saids:
- My God, this is the ugliest child I have seen in my whole life!
The woman, goes to the back of the bus and sits down with her nerves stretched to the max. She turns towards the guy next to her and sais:
- The driver is an asshole. He was very rude with me.
The guy replies:
- You should go and get even with him. I’ll hold your monkey meanwhile.
Popularity: 9% [?]